Thursday, April 07, 2005

Start with a rant

Why is so hard for people to swim clock-wise following the little arrows on the signs at the ends of the lanes? Oh, no they want to swim down the middle of the lane - it never occurs to them that there might me someone else in the pool. The worse types back stroke down the middle of the lane - there was a git today - I couldn't stop myself from punching him as I swam pass in the other direction. Also ignorant are the swimmers who do 2 or 4 fast lengths pressurising you, trying to overtake and then park their flacid asses at the end of the pool just where you want to kick or tumble turn.
Ignorant buggers.
I think that I'll write a "Swim Lane Etiquette Guide" and see if the pool will print it and issue to lunchtime swimmers.
I feel so much better now.

4 comments:

Tao said...

Ahhh... bless.
No comments?

Billy no-blog-mates

Captain Beefheart said...

And why do some women feel it necessary to douse themselves with Estee Lauder just before taking a dip? It hangs over the pool like a cloud of tear gas

Anonymous said...

Do you like 'wimmin?

Anonymous said...

A rant a day keeps ......... answers on a postcard.

Your swimming pool rant reminds me of my particular hatred of slow moving and generally directionless people in high streets and shopping malls. They must spend their whole life meandering along, oblivious to to how many people they are pi sing off or holding up. Have never thumped one yet!